Here’s what I did to merge my changes with Door43’s Git Account at OBS-Translation-APP:
- fork OBS-Translation-App
- clone OBS-Translation-APP from github onto my desktop in a staging directory.
- add all modifications.
- start git powershell or git bsh
- git add (updated files)
- git status – shows file status
- git commit – commits changes. It will prompt you to add a commit note. The default editor is vim.
- git remote add pb https://github.com/(username)/(porject name)
- git remote -v shows all the remotes
- git push pb master – to sync with remote
- add a pull request to Door43 from GitHub if you want your changes to merge with the master.
Note: file names are case sensitive
To add all the files, including folders to a repository, do
- git add –all
Note: GitHub exposes public ssh keys for its users. For example, use this link if you wanted an user’s public keys:https://github.com/<username>.keys
Great GitHub command cheat sheet: https://training.github.com/kit/downloads/github-git-cheat-sheet.pdf